Our clients can be reassured by :
- Our Arboricultural Association accreditation
- CHAS accreditation (Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme)
- The training and certificates held by the staff
- A robust management system
- Modern well maintained equipment
- £10,000,000 Public Liability Insurance
- £10,000,000 Employees Liability insurance
- £2,000,000 Professional indemnity insurance
- Risk assessment & method statements provided
- Free quotations
All work carried out at Upton Specialised Tree Services complies with the current legislation governing arboricultural operations.
- Town & Country Planning Regulations (Trees)
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (L.O.L.E.R.) and Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (P.U.W.E.R.)
- BS 3998:2010 and 5837:1991
- COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
The most significant pieces of legislation affecting tree work are the Town & Country Planning Act 1990, under which Tree Preservation Orders (T.P.O.s) are made, and the Town & Country Planning (Trees) Regulations which imposes statutory controls on tree works in Conservation Areas.
These Acts stipulate that before work is carried out to protected trees either consent is granted by the Planning Authority or a Notice of Intention is served on the Authority.